.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

Friday, May 19, 2006

Nevada Senator Reid Courting Hispanic Vote

Senator Harry Reid claims that making English the official language of our country, (which was supported by Washington, Madison, Adams, etc) is now suddenly racist. Note that the senator is from Nevada, which has a fairly large Hispanic population.
Could it be he is courting those voters? Nah....
Here is the text of an email I just sent to this person of integrity.

I read about your claim that making a law to make English the official language of our country is racist. Pander, pander, pander. It is a racist statement to call things that are clearly NOT RACIST, racist. You are just trying to get reelected. Being in Nevada, I guess it will work. But your statement is transparent on the face of it, and tiresome, at best.
http://blogresponder.blogspot.com


Hopefully the voters will get rid of this opportunistic SOB.

I'll be back

CC

I have received a comment that attempts to defend the use of "racist" as an attack, when it is false. Since the wording was done as a personal attack and anonymously, I have rejected it. I invite the commenter to comment without protecting him/her self by commenting anonymously.

5/21/2006

2 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

I agree. I'm a latino but I strongly believe the national language should be english and not spanish.I highly respect where I come from but the simple fact is, I'm an american. English has been the domiant language from the beginging, and I accept that as an "american tradition." I don't see how making it any other language would be more logical. I don't consider myself a racists but than again, I'm pro-immigration laws = )

21 May, 2006 16:11  
Blogger Craig C said...

She's got it. Who else is there?

21 May, 2006 17:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - This method will return an XML string containing a list of documents. - - - - - NRA ILA News XML Web Service. -