.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

Monday, February 28, 2005

Another Environment vs National Security Story

As I've said before, the idea that protecting the environment to the extent that it injures humans, and more importantly Americans is not a good idea. When national security is involved, the plants and creatures must take a back seat. (Sorry Jimmy Carter). The highlighted piece about the use of sonar by our military, and its effects on whales and dolphins is a perfect example of this. My guess is, if we dig deeper, the countries demanding this reduction in sonar use will be quite happy to see the US become more vulnerable to attack. Our submarines and destroyers have used sonar to detect the movement of potentially threatening ships and subs ever since the end of World War 2. Yep, I'm still quoting my mantra. WW2 is the seed of the current world order. I don't see a time in the near future where our potential enemies can be trusted to behave themselves. It won't be in my lifetime. (I'm 53) We must not cave to this pressure.

I'll be back

CC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - This method will return an XML string containing a list of documents. - - - - - NRA ILA News XML Web Service. -